Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
During these times, there are many great causes and organizations that could use your help. Although you may not be able to be there in person, there are still ways to volunteer with these great organizations. Here are 14 places to virtually volunteer.
- American Red Cross – Virtual volunteers can do administrative/office support, schedule shifts for other volunteers, or offer logistical support so disaster relief operations continue to run smoothly.
- CatchaFire – Offers flexible virtual volunteer opportunities that are tailored to your skills and passions.
- Idealist – Connects people, organizations, and resources to help build a world where all people can live free and dignified lives.
- Taproot Foundation – Connects nonprofits and other social change organizations with skilled volunteers through pro bono service.
- Smithsonian Museum – The world’s largest museum could use your help making their collections more accessible by volunteering to transcribe historical documents or edit Wikipedia articles.
- AllForGood.org – Supports the health and well-being of communities, especially in times of crisis.
- UN Volunteers – Matches skilled volunteers with project-based volunteer opportunities.
- DoSomething.org – Do Something empowers young people to enact social change both online or off.
- Career Village – This is a web platform where students can get free personalized career advice from real-live professionals.
- Crisis Text Line – This is a free 24/7 national crisis-intervention and counseling service conducted exclusively through SMS text.
- Zooniverse – Spend as much or as little time as you’d like identifying endangered animals, classifying galaxy systems, or transcribing Shakespearean manuscripts.
- Hire Heroes USA – Creates job opportunities for U.S. military veterans and their spouses. Volunteers can remotely help with mock interviews and career counseling or offer guidance on job searches and resume preparation.
- Micro Mentor – Matches small business owners impacted by COVID-19 with business mentors.
- icouldbe.org – Connects the energy and expertise of mentors from various professions with the most vulnerable students in the U.S. educational system.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.