Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
Can you believe Summer is only a few weeks away? Get your home and your family prepared for the heat, sun, and fun with these 14 ways to get ready for Summer.
- Get Organized – Start putting away the winter gear and locating your summer supplies. You can put away the winter coats and start pulling out the swim suits.
- Stop-up On Essentials – Take inventory of your sunscreen, aloe vera gel, picnic supplies, and everything else you’ll need for your summer fun.
- Check Your Camping Supplies – Test all of your equipment before you head out on your first adventure of the season.
- Make Your Summer Plans Now – Make all your reservations before they start to overbook.
- Check Your Air Conditioner – If your family uses an air conditioner, whether it’s a window unit or central air, test them out now. Now is the time to determine if you need it to be repaired or replaced.
- Get the Yard Ready – If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to get your yard in shape for some summer fun.
- Clean-Out Your Closets – It’s good practice to declutter every season, so take some time to donate anything unnecessary in your home.
- Get Your Chimney Cleaned – Now that it’s almost summer, you shouldn’t need to use your fireplace again until late in the year. Schedule a time to get it swept so it’s safe to use later.
- Clean-up Your Windows and Screens – You’ll want to invite some fresh air inside now that the weather is warming up.
- Clean-up Your Grill – Pull out the grill and scrub it for the season. Now is a good time to check the propane levels on your gas grills too.
- Check Your Pool – Make sure your pool is fully functional before the heat hits. The last thing you want on a hot day is to discover holes in it!
- Protect Your Home From Bugs – Take the time to caulk your windows and doors to stop bugs from sneaking inside.
- Check Your Roof – Summer is the best time to get any roofing repairs done, so find out now if you need to start getting some quotes.
- Check Your Paint – Summer is also the best time to get your home painted, so take inventory of your home and decide if you need to fit this into the budget.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.