Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
Now that we’ve been staying home for a while, you may be feeling a little tired of your environment. That’s why today we’d like to showcase 14 easy projects that will make your home feel like new from Curbed.com.
- Try a New Furniture Layout – Step out of your comfort zone and try a new perspective.
- Restyle your bookshelves – Take the time to organize your bookshelves. You can even add some strategic picture frames or flower vases for a personal touch.
- Clean your vents and baseboards –This chore is often forgotten, but now is a great time to get it done.
- Go under your bed – When was the last time you deep cleaned under your bed? Maybe you’ll find that long lost phone charger.
- Clean out your bathroom drawers –Take this time to organize and clean out your bathroom drawers. If you haven’t used it in 12 months, you probably don’t need it.
- Tackle the closets –Audit your closet and see how much you no longer need. Make a donation pile for anything you haven’t worn in 12 months.
- Tidy up the entryway –Your entry way is the first impression many people have of your home. Take the time to make a great impression.
- Label your supplies –Not only will this help with organization, it will also be safer, especially if you have little ones running around.
- Straighten—or redo—your wall hangings –Take down your old photos and update them with current pictures of your family.
- Touch up your paint –This is a great weekend project while we’re staying home. A fresh color or just some minor touch-ups can make the room feel like new.
- Put empty frames to use –Find your favorite memories and make use of any empty frames you have around you house.
- Moisturize your wooden cutting boards –This is another often forgotten chore that’s so important for the life of your cutting board.
- Prep your planters –Now is the perfect time to start your springtime garden! Get the planters ready and make your back yard or deck your new happy place.
- Scrub your outdoor furniture –Speaking of your outdoor happy place, use some elbow geese to scrub your outdoor furniture so you can relax in this beautiful weather.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.