Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
Spring is here! Let’s get our homes scrubbed and fresh with these 14 spring cleaning tasks.
- Scrub the Grout – That cement-like material between tiles can get grungy through the year. Use some degreaser or some soap, water, and elbow grease to get it looking like new.
- Clean the Walls – Use a vacuum or duster to wipe away the loose dirt and then use mild soap and water to wash away the year’s built up grime.
- Clean the Baseboards – Use some soap and water to scrub the baseboards.
- Shampoo the Rugs – If you have a shampooer, now is a great time to get those rugs looking like new.
- Clean the Furniture – Check the labels and clean your furniture however the manufacturer recommends.
- Wash the Windows and Screens – Clean the window, frame, and screen on the inside and out to enjoy sunshine that will come through.
- Dust, Dust, Dust – Take the time to thoroughly dust the whole house. Dust in your home affects the air you breath.
- Clean Light Fixtures – Wash and polish your light fixtures. You’ll love the extra light that shines through.
- Clean the Air Vents and Filters – Clean all the dust out of your air vents and filters to keep the air in your home fresh and clean.
- Clean Out and Wipe Down the Cabinets – Reorganize your cabinets and then take the time to wipe down the shelves.
- Replace the Batteries – Switch out the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean the Oven – Get your oven looking like new.
- Clean the Dryer Vent – Take a vacuum hose and clean any leftover lint out of the dryer. It will run better, and you could prevent a fire.
- Organize the Closet – Go through and reorganize your closets. Anything that hasn’t been used in 12 months should be donated.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.