Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
Right now many of us are still adjusting to this new normal. Balancing work, family, and home-schooling can be challenging, and we’d like to help. We’ve created a list of fantastic education resources that can benefit the whole family.
- Khan Academy: A non-profit with the mission to provide a free, world class education for anyone, anywhere.
- Epic: The leading digital library for kids 12 and under (currently offering a free 30-day trial).
- Open Culture: Free textbooks, movies, and audiobooks and links to free online courses from professors.
- Mystery Science: Free science lessons for students in kindergarten to 5th
- National Geographic Kids: Quizzes, puzzles, and games.
- TED Talks: Educational discussions organized by topic of interest.
- ABC Mouse: A subscription based educational program from kids 2-8 (currently offering a free 30-day trial).
- Scholastic: An activity portal of free daily courses for kids grades pre-K to 9.
- Prodigy Math: Free video game style math learning.
- Duolingo: Free online language program.
- CK-12: Age-appropriate lessons in all subjects for different grades.
- Education.com: Thousands of teacher-crafted learning activities that sync up with the school year.
- Quizlet: Free learning games and tools.
- Parent Tool Kit: A one-stop resource developed with parents in mind, produced by NBC News Learn.
Don’t forget, Kitsap Credit Union also offers a robust Financial Wellness program available on our website. This include It’s a Money Thing, a series of over 40 short videos that teach young people about money management and related topics.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.