Happy Hot Dog Month! It’s Summer in the Pacific Northwest, which means it’s time to fire up the grill and enjoy the sunshine. Luckily, July is National Hot Dog Month, so we have pulled together the best hot dog recipes from across the country, including Seattle’s dog with cream cheese & sautéed onions. So, grab some dogs and see which is your favorite!
- Chicago-style Hot Dogs: Chicago dogs are all-beef hot dogs on a poppy seed bun topped with mustard, pickles, chopped onions, relish, tomato, picked peppers, and celery salt.
- Jersey-Style Hot Dogs: These Northern New Jersey dogs are topped peppers, onions, and fried potatoes.
- Cincinnati Chili Dogs: These dogs are piled high with Cincinnati chili, diced onion and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Rhode Island Hot Wieners: Rhode Island wieners are placed on a bun then topped with mustard, chopped onion, celery salt and a well-seasoned meat sauce.
- New York Hot Dogs: You’ll find these dogs at push-carts all across the city. They’re simple so they’re topped with mustard, sauerkraut, and onions cooked in ketchup.
- Coney Dogs: Coney dogs are also known as chili dogs! Just top your dog with a heavy scoop of chili and maybe a little mustard and onions.
- Atlanta Dogs: These chili dogs have a slight twist. These dogs go in a bun with a hearty scoop of chili and topped with a fresh scoop of crunchy coleslaw
- Seattle-style Hot Dog: We all should know this one! This hometown hero is covered cream cheese, sauteed onions, and fresh jalapenos for a fresh kick!
- Sonoran Dogs: This bold dog is wrapped in bacon, placed on a bun, and smothered in pinto beans! Top it with some tomatoes, onions, and the condiments of your choice.