Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
During these times, don’t forget about your four-legged friend. Today is National Pet Parents Day, so we wanted to showcase 14 ways to spoil you pup.
- Take Your Pooch for a Walk – Get out of the house and explore the town with your furry friend.
- Pick Up a New Toy – On your next grocery order, throw in an extra toy to keep your pup busy.
- Go for a Drive – Explore a new city or drive into nature with your pooch.
- Go for a Hike – Hit the trails with your four-legged friend and get some fresh air.
- Make Them a Special Treat – Put together a special healthy treat for your pup.
- Play Fetch – Throw the ball around in the back yard.
- Buy a Puzzle Toy – Engage your pup’s brain by picking up a puzzle toy.
- Give Them a Bath – Although they may not appreciate this initially, they’ll feel much better when they’re clean.
- Brush Out Their Coat – Spend some time grooming their coat. You can even invest in a massaging brush, so they’ll enjoy every second.
- Take Pics of Your Pup – Not only will they love the attention, you’ll love the pictures as time goes on.
- Play Tug of War – Get a rope and have some fun playing tug of war.
- Show Them Some Love – Sit down on the floor or bring them on the couch and spend some time cuddling and petting your sweet pup.
- Consider Letting Them on the Sofa or Bed – Maybe just for today, let them relax on the couch or bed with you.
- Talk to Them – Especially if it’s just the two of you, rather than keeping your thoughts to yourself, talk out loud to your pup. I promise, they’re great listeners.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.