Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
We want to help you stay active and engaged during the new normal of “Stay Home, Stay Healthy”, but it’s easy to run out of ideas. Here are 14 ways to beat boredom while you’re staying home.
- Get Outside – Spend some time outside and get some fresh air. Start a new garden, go for a walk, go for a bike ride, or get the yard ready for spring.
- Set a New Goal – Now is a great time to set a new goal for yourself and your personal development. Want to read more, be healthier, or learn a new skill? Now is the time to focus on that goal.
- Watch a Movie Out of Your Normal Taste – Try something new! Try a genre you’d normally avoid. Maybe check out a local film, documentary, or a foreign film. You may enjoy it a lot more than you expected.
- Explore a New City – Go for a drive and check out a city you haven’t visited. You can explore the whole city from the safety of your vehicle.
- Start Spring Cleaning Early – Now is a great time to get to those big cleaning jobs you’ve been avoiding. Scrub the baseboards, clean out the garage, or even wash the walls! Make your home bright and shiny.
- Minor Home Improvement – On that same note, take a look around and see what little projects needs to be done while you’re home. You may even have the supplies you need to get the job done already. A few screws can make a big difference on small household nuisances.
- Spend Time Reading – Revisit your collection of books on your bookshelf, or check out something new. Amazon has a great selection of eBooks for a great price. Check out this month’s top 14 fictional eBooks.
- Try Listening to a New Book – One alternative for reading is listening to an eBook instead. Services like audible have tons of books for a great price.
- Do a Virtual Tour – Lots of zoos, museums, and the like are offering free tours right now. Check out something new with the whole family.
- Check Out a Virtual Concert – Many artists are holding virtual live concerts to entertain their fans during these times.
- Get Some Exercise – Don’t let yourself fall into a habit of being sedentary. Get your body moving to increase your endorphins and improve your health. Check out these great ways to stay active.
- Cook Something New – Break your cooking rut by trying a new recipe. Check out these favorite recipes and desserts.
- DIY Projects – Get creative and try making something with your own two hands.
- Binge Your Favorite Show – This one may be obvious, but streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are a quick way to avoid boredom while staying home.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.