The holiday season is here and with that comes the biggest shopping days of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here’s how you can make the most out of these days:
- Make a budget and follow it. Know how much you can afford to spend and stick to that amount.
- Use cash to avoid overspending.
- Just like Santa, you make a list and check it twice! Write down everything you plan to shop for and put them in order of importance. That way, as soon as you enter a store, you can focus on finding those items first.
- Use online price comparison tools. Google Shopping, PriceGrabber, and Shopzilla allow you to compare prices at various locations without having to drive all over town.
- Use loyalty programs. Many retailers have loyalty programs that offer sales and promotions to their members first and even earn rewards on their purchases.
- Check timing. Some Cyber Monday deals are for a certain window of time, offering the steepest discounts to early morning shoppers. Check deals before that Monday to know what time to shop for the best deals.
- Look for deals at Brick-and-Mortar Stores on Cyber Monday. If a store’s Black Friday sales were lower than expected, many will offer deals to lure Cyber Monday shoppers.
Have you budgeted to give back this holiday season? Consider participating in Giving Tuesday, which is celebrated the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving. It’s an international movement that encourages everyone to donate their time, resources, talents, and money to help others. You can get information and updates about the movement by going to https://www.givingtuesday.org/.