Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
To all the mothers out there, Happy Mother’s Day! Make mom feel special this year all while remaining safe. Check out these Mother’s Day Celebration Ideas from Good Housekeeping.
- Serve Her Breakfast in Bed – Start her day on the right note by showing up at her door with a tray full of pancakes, eggs, or any other brunch favorites. And if you can’t be there in real life, order coffee and breakfast from her favorite local spot and have it delivered right when she wakes up.
- Deck Out Her Front Door – When you drop off her Mother’s Day card and gift, take some extra time to dress up her door with a spring wreath. That way, she’ll be surprised with a burst of cheer when she opens her door — and she can leave it up for the neighborhood to see all season long.
- Check Places Off Her Bucket List (Virtually) – Even if you can’t hop on a plane and sight-see, you and your mom can still bask in the world’s beauty with virtual tours of museums, gardens, mansions, and national parks. Take the Biltmore Estate in North Carolina, for example: You can see the ins and outs of America’s largest home, including their state-of-the-art gardens and landscaping.
- Take an Online Cooking Class – With a virtual cooking class, you can get the whole family to pitch in for her Mother’s Day brunch or dinner. Whether you’re looking for a specialty class (cheese-making, for example) or want to cook an entire meal from scratch, BluePrint has you covered with more than 100 options, averaging $10 a class.
- Watch a Mother Daughter Movie Together – If you’re going to be stuck inside, you might as well cozy up on the couch and watch a movie marathon with your #1 lady. To celebrate the occasion, pick from a list of mother-daughter favorites, including Little Women, Steel Magnolias, and Wine Country.
- Host a virtual happy hour – Raise a glass to the woman who raised you — the virtual way. It’s your call: Once you sign on Zoom or the video conferencing app of your choice, play games, tune into a virtual concert, or simply chat the night away with a cocktail in hand.
- Assemble a build-your-own-bagel spread – Some moms prefer waking up to a fully-cooked breakfast. Others like the versatility that comes with grab-and-go breakfasts and family-style spreads. Think of her favorite breakfast food — bagels, pancakes, waffles, you name it — and assemble a party spread with all the fixings.
- Give her a manicure – Chances are that she’s in desperate need of quality R&R. While you might not be able to give her the full spa experience at home, you can check a few things off her ever-growing list like manicures and pedicures. Grab a few nail polish options(or press-ons, if it’s easier), and let her sit back and relax while you do the work.
- Take a virtual dance class together – Mom has always been your go-to dance partner. Now more than ever, you both need to tap into the joy that dancing brings. Take a virtual cardio dance class, or go for something more zen like a yoga or Pilates class.
- Picnic in your backyard – Make dining at home more exciting by bringing the party outdoors. Set up a blanket, and cover it with plates full of picnic-ready snacks, or even take-out from her favorite local restaurants.
- Learn a new craft or skill – Mom has always been your biggest cheerleader, so now’s the time to show her the same level of support. Think of a craft or project she’s always wanted to try, and round up all the necessary supplies in time for Mother’s Day. Then spend the day cheering each other on as you learn how to knit, paint, or whatever else you choose.
- Cheers with a wine tasting – Wine is always a good idea, especially on your mom’s special day. Turn her favorite activity — drinking wine, obviously — into a memorable experience by creating a custom wine tasting with different varieties of reds, whites, and rosés. Best paired with cheese and crackers, of course.
- Host a Virtually Family Dinner – Use a service like Zoom, Teams, or Facebook Messenger to get the whole family together for a sit-down meal to celebrate mom.
- Draw Her a Bubble Bath – Set up a luxurious spa bath so she can have some alone time. Light some candles, use her favorite scented oils and bath bombs, and let her relax guilt-free.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.