Just like you, we are always looking for ways to keep ourselves and our family busy and active as we adjust to the new normal of “Stay home. Stay healthy”. Every day we are giving you a list of 14 things to keep us sharp, in shape, stimulated, busy, or entertained during these unprecedented times. Do one a day for 14 days, or tackle the entire list at once. Just make sure to check back every day for something new.
If you’re looking for something fun to do to pass the time, here are 14 quick and inexpensive recipes to try from our very own Cathy Brorson, our Outreach Coordinator!
- Quick Dip Sandwiches: These are great if you’re short on time for dinner. They also work well to make ahead and reheat when out camping!
- Tropical Cobbler: Comfort food deluxe with a taste of the Islands!
- Calico Potatoes: This warm, creamy dish is the perfect accompaniment to pretty much everything!
- Goober Chicken: This comforting dish lives up to its name when you spoon out the lovely goobers of melted cheese and stuffing!
- Quick Quiche: This dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner!
- 3-Way Taco Casserole: This dish is great as an appetizer with chips, as a casserole, or as burritos in tortillas. Ole’!
- Pineapple-Pecan Cake: This is a wonderful cake that’s not too sweet.
- Slow Cooker Cabbage Roll Soup: On those hectic days, dinner couldn’t be simpler!
- Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with Spinach: This delicious dish also helps cut carbs in half! Plus it’s fun to eat your dinner out of a squash boat!
- Stuffed Mushrooms: These tasty little treats get gobbled up fast!
- Crab and Shrimp Casserole: This is another fun dish that can be served in individual shell dishes or as a casserole. Who doesn’t want to eat out of a dish that looks like a sea shell?
- Apricot Squares: This is a tasty recipe that’s been passed down for many years.
- Candied Bacon: It’s bacon. It speaks for itself! Just cue the angelic music and enjoy!
- Baking Powder Biscuits: These are excellent smothered with sausage gravy or dripping with honey-butter.
We know things are stressful right now, and you may be worried about your finances. We have solutions available through our Member Assistance Program, designed to support you. We have a range of resources, such as an Emergency Loan Program, Skip-a-Pay, and our Visa Credit Card special, that can help those who have been impacted.