When the mountains are out, the sun is shining, and the water is sparkling, there’s nowhere we’d rather be than out in the community experiencing this season together!
If you’re looking for ways to spend your summer, check out these upcoming events:
- July 11 – Port Townsend Mainstreet Concerts on the Dock – This all-ages, free festival-like concert series kicks off mid-July and runs through August 29! You can expect to hear great music, check out great vendors, and enjoy dancing as well as a beer garden serving local drinks!
- July 13 – Puyallup South Hill Branch Community Day – The community is invited to join KCU at our newest branch! We’ll have music, food, door prizes and more! We look forward to welcoming you.
- July 26 – 28 – Silverdale Whaling Days – We are proud to help sponsor this family-focused event that makes a positive difference in our community. Now in its 45th year, Whaling Days has become a summer staple. The festivities are coordinated by a not-for-profit organization run exclusively by volunteers and each year they give part of the proceeds to help local charitable organizations. Come enjoy the fun at the Silverdale waterfront July 26, 27, and 28. For more information and the event schedule, visit whalingdays.com or www.facebook.com/whalingdays.
- July 28 – Silverdale Rotary Duck Race – Celebrating its 26th year and over $1.6 million raised for the Silverdale community, the duck race, occurring at the end of Whaling Days weekend, takes place on the waterfront in Old Town Silverdale and every dollar donated to adopt-a-duck will go back into the community!
And here are a few more to mark on your calendar:
- August 8 – Salute to the Troops
- August 10 – Farm Funk Music Festival
- August 10 – Taste of Hood Canal
- August 21-25 – Kitsap County Fair & Stampede
- August 25 – 23rd Annual Cruisin’ Sunday Car, Truck, & Bike Show
- August 31 – September 2 – Blackberry Festival